Friday, August 7, 2015

Celebrity Cruise Lines Gives Glimpse Of Overnight Excursion Options


Back in early June, I reported Celebrity Cruise Line's announcement that they would be staying in select ports overnight on their Caribbean itineraries starting in 2016.  You can read about it here.  I couldn't help wonder what types of new and exciting shore excursions they might start offering with this change.

Celebrity has given us a glimpse into some of the offerings.  I'd have to say that the offerings are not too exciting and pretty much as expected.  They are branding the excursions as "Caribbean Evenings Around The World" and these are a few examples they gave out of 14 options so far:

- boat party in Cozumel (big surprise, right?)
- wine tasting at a winery in Willemstad, Curacao
- sunset cruise in Aruba
- horse-drawn carriage ride in Cartagena, Columbia (at night?)

These options come with a wide price range of $45 - $239 per person.



I'm all for change, and think this is an interesting move by Celebrity, but I'm not overly impressed yet.  I am looking forward to passenger reviews of these new excursions and itineraries.

Looking to book a Celebrity cruise?  Please contact me, Matthew Dobeck, Cruise Consultant at mattdobeck@outlook.com or 954-798-6573  I would be happy to help you plan your next dream vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment